Communication Strategies and Support
Districts and county offices of education accomplish great things when they have community support. After years of budget and staff reductions most districts and counties simply don’t have the resources or time to provide the communication strategies necessary to keep their communities engaged and gain support for local initiatives.
Here’s the good news. Good communication strategies are easy to accomplish and quite affordable if you know who to contact.
Total School Solutions has partnered with a team of seasoned professionals to provide strategies and services needed to effectively communicate your agency’s most critical issues and avoid the pitfalls often associated with community engagement. No other comprehensive service exists in California.
These new services include:
- Communicating your budget and fiscal condition – building transparency with your community and simplifying complex school budgets in laymen’s terms with tools such as a budget overview handout, fact sheet and talking points
- Bond, parcel tax, and facility needs – developing communication tools for facility assessments, bond programs, parcel taxes, community input such as newsletters, updates and public notices
- Public awareness and community outreach – providing user-friendly public awareness updates and tools distributed via website, social media, print/TV media, parent groups and community organizations
- Strategic planning – building a strategic and core message to utilize through various communication methods
- Media relations and outreach – developing and placing letters-to-the editor, op/eds and news releases to local media, while building your role as a local spokesperson and subject-matter expert
- Crisis communications – Preparing for and responding to a crisis in a strategic and effective manner – one that protects students and staff
Whether your needs are large, small, immediate or long term, we can tailor a strategic communications program to fit your district or county office of education.
To request more information about this service, please click here.